We have been working as a family on the perfect grainless porridge that is kid friendly (and adult approved). This is a an easy breakfast AND full of nutient dense foods; omega 3's (flax, chia), vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and vitamin E (sunflower seeds), zinc (pumpkin seeds), protein (almonds) and the list goes on.....
Great for those following the GAPS, Paleo and SCD diet and anyone who is looking for a tasty and healthy start to their day.
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds (walnuts are also great)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp 100% cocoa powder (optional - kids love it as a treat)
- 2 tsp of vanilla (adults prefer 1 tsp, the kids prefer 2 tsp)
- 1/2 banana (pitted dates as an alternative)
- 3/4 cup boiled water
Add all the dry ingredients to your high speed blender and blend until the mixture is ground. Then add water, vanilla and banana (or other fruit of your choice) and blend until thick, porridge consistency. Sprinkle with a few pumpkin and sunflower seeds and dried fruit of your choice (goji berries, raisins....). ENJOY!!!